meta name="title" content="Confessions Of A Southpaw" /> Confessions of A Southpaw: my alma mater

Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

my alma mater

This past weekend was a short trip down memory lane for me. Yes, there was the game Friday night where we got even with the Hamilton Cardinals for beating us at the beginning of the season. On a side note, I'm learning something about baseball these days. The default team name seems to be Cardinals and the default colour, red. I say that because we are the Cardinals, we played the Cardinals, and I used to play for the Cardinals. And that brings me to Sundays game. Sundays game was against my alma mater, Erindale.

Up until last year when I started with the Ancaster organization, all of my baseball experiences were with Erindale. Highs, lows, wins, losses, and memories - they were all with one team. I remain friends still with some of the guys I grew up playing with. And almost every time I tell them about one of our games, we come up with a story of our own from our Little League days. There is something about sports that forges a bond unlike that of school or everyday life. Maybe it's that where the days of school and life blur together in one continuum a team is only a team for a short time. They are memories suspended in time.

Undoubtedly, these boys are creating memories from the summer of 2010 that they will recant to each other years down the road in much the same way I do now.

record to date: 16 W, 3 L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails