meta name="title" content="Confessions Of A Southpaw" /> Confessions of A Southpaw: the big red machine

Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

the big red machine


This past weekend marked what we hope to be the first of many tournament wins this summer. We played nice in that we invited them to come to Ancaster. We didn't play nice in that we beat everyone! I did feel somewhat cheated though. I have a 20 yr old score to settle with High Park from my Little League days and we missed playing them. Alas, I will sit and simmer until we see them in about a month at the District Championships.

Victory is always fun, but when you can silence an over zealous grandma in the process? EVEN BETTER!! Now, I realize I have been away from Little League baseball for some years so maybe I missed the era where it transitioned from cheering on your son/daughter/grandkid to trying to get into the collective heads of the opposing team. Such was the case with the fan club of one of our opponents. Without divulging what was said, I will say that it lacked class. Support these kids for all the time they put into this, regardless of the colour of their jersey. Don't tear them down.

If there is one lesson to be learned, it is the baseball gods do not look favourably upon said lack of sportsmanship. They, along with a late inning comeback, helped us send that team packing.

Next up for us on our road to the nationals is a tournament in Hamilton at the end of June.

Our record to date: 7 W, 3 L

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails